Monday, October 27, 2014

Writing challenge 2- 10 things I love, and 10 things not so much

Obviously I love my family, and the easy stuff I could list so I'll put my own spin on this.

1. I love chai tea on a fall day, I always say it's like drinking fall in a cup. It reminds me of one of the dearest friends I've ever had. If you couple it with fuzzy sweats and a good book I'm in heaven.

2. I love the smell of my girls hair after they've played outside, I think it must be what the sun smells like. They often get annoyed with me for sticking my nose in their hair, but I never want to forget that smell do I breath it in as often as I can.

3. I love taking my socks off in bed, I can't do it before I get into bed, I have to take them off with my toes and relish in the soft blanket beneath them.

4. I love the feeling  of conditioner running out of my hair while showering, it is the sweetest cleanse.

5. I love the number 13, and anything in 3's. Sets of 3's, it's a obsession. My husband has even jumped on that band wagon, the main reason is "I love you" is 3 words, so 3 kisses, 3, squeezes, 3 anything can say I love you without saying it. The girls even do the 3's too. 13 is because I was born on the 13th, it's my lucky number haha.

6. I love to wrap up in a pile of my family, all snuggles up watching a good Disney movie. Those are some of my favorite times.

7. I love watching the sunrise, it always makes me feel closer to god and is often when I pray the most. Especially because I usually fall asleep while I'm praying at night. The sunrise offers a new beginning to me, so in that for me everyday is a new beginning.

8. Off the the sunrise I love full moons. The moonlight is enchanting, and magical. I love how the night gets lot up, and I love the crazy things it does to my body and those around me. I'm most emotional and will not sleep when the moon is full. As a child I practically lived at the nursing homes my mother worked at, and I will attest the full moon did crazy things to the residents.

9. I love Phil Collins. I love music, most of it surrounds me with memories of my parents, and brother. They each have their own musical artists I associate them with, and certain memories of mundane things we were doing while listening along. But Phil Collins was just for my dad and I, he gave me the gift of cranking up the part in "in the air tonight" when the drums go crazy, I will always air drum the crap out of that. I've passed the musical love to my girls and Stephen, even they do the drum part too.

10. This goes off the last one, the thing I think I love most is that whenever "dancing with myself" by billy idol comes on everyone in our family, (or whoever is visiting) has to stop what they are doing to dance to it. We all run and dance around each other, which is ironic since it's about dancing alone. I've always said I want that song played at my funeral, because since I was a baby dancing has been a huge love in my life.

Things that I don't like-

1. The smell of 90 weight, I can taste it when Stephen walks in the door with it covering him from a car he worked on. When I was pregnant he had to change at work before he was able to come in.

2. Living across the street from a busy business. I love people, and socializing, but when I'm having a bad day and going to my car while people are yelling across at me that "there sure a lot of toys in your yard, you should start a daycare" it's not something I want to hear and only makes me feel self conscious that my house looks dumpy.

3. Not being able to sleep in because my body won't let me. Gone are the days of wishing my kids would sleep in so I could start my day a little later. Now I'm up before the sun no matter how late I've gone to bed.

4. Judgement. Who likes to be judged? Unless your life is perfect don't judge anyone. It bothers me when it's me who's being judged or anyone else, you don't know their life, you don't own rights to it, so you should just learn to keep your opinions to yourself.

5. When people who are supposed to are about me talk behind my back. I understand venting but in situations where the relationship was fine, and I've been nothing but nice please watch what you say. People listen, people tell, and all you're doing is causing pain. It hurts.

6. Raking leaves. I love it for the first few swipes, and I love when the girls jump in piles. When my body is screaming and feels like the fires from the seventh ring of hell is coursing through my arms as they shake uncontrollably,I could do without it.

7. The bottoms of my pants getting wet from stepping on them, or my feet getting we with socks on. Not fun.

8. Revenge. You will only cause more problems, and hurt while seeking it.

9. Grudges. Let it go, the world is filled with so much goodness and love, a grudge can steal the wonderful, amazing person you are capable of being.

10. Not finishing what I started, this ties with  folding and putting laundry away. Both are not my favorites!

So this gives some insight to me a little more, now on to the next challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment