Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pictures and a plug...

I think even at 31 years old I'm still growing up. Life can hurt, but so does growth and change. It's all part of the process. When things get too hard for me to handle I re-evaluate my life, and I always come to the same conclusion, that my life lies with my loves. If you've read my blog you know that I love photography, that I love telling a story through my pictures, that I want to touch people with a image. Much like my writing, I want people to take away something meaningful from it. I'm not used to being on the other side of the lens, unless you count a quick snap from my tripod as I sprint towards my family to get a shot as quickly as possible before they loose interest (which happens quickly) and that's it. Recently a friend (who's a professional photographer) took a photo shoot of our family, and it has been such a wonderful experience.

In life you are your own worst critic. I am normally someone that could point out my flaws within a milasecond. Whether inside or out. So when she offered to trade her services for Stephen I have to admit I put the shoot off for months, stringing her along because my self esteem relating to my outer appearance is little at best. I didn't want her seeing my imperfections up close and personal, and honestly I didn't want the reminder. But I wanted some beautiful pictures of my family, and I knew she would be the perfect person to do it. I obsessed over what we were going to wear down to the tiniest detail for quite some time, infanct more time than my deeper soul would like to admit to the superficiality of it all.

The day came and I went into it with the expectation that no one would cooperate (my loves do not like their pictures taken) that all I wanted was one picture of all of us and one good one of Stephen and I. She made it fun, she snapped away while miss Chloe was being more than difficult, while Allie ran around and went crazy, she caught it all. She saw my family for what we truly are. I let go of any expectations, and had fun with my family while she snapped away. I've been talking with her throughout the week and we'd go over what she got, there wasn't a doubt in my mind that they'd be wonderful.

When she showed me something she made for us out of the pictures I cried. I cried because of her kindness, because of the Beauty she captured, and because this is my life. Never in a million years would I have imagined my life being this way. Here we were in our own little bubble while a spectator snapped away, and what people on the outside see is no where near how amazing they truly are, but she got it. We had fun, we cuddled, we played, and she got it.

And the big growth for me, the thing I worried so much about, the thing that drags me down sometimes and secretly kills me a little inside, didn't appear. That little ugly girl never popped out at me, I saw a beautiful (yes, I used the word beautiful when describing myself, I think it's a first) mother/wife looking back at me. I saw three gorgeous girls and their phenomenal father playing with them. I saw love, I saw strength, I saw two best friends who created this wonderful life, I saw a amazing glimpse into our lives. I saw how blessed I am, how incredible my life has become.

This woman captured us in all our glory, she is a talent that needs to be discovered. What she did for us will remain forever now, but more so what she did for me, and my confidence can't even be described. She is a gem, and deserves that recognition. I want to say thank you to Miranda for so much more than just pictures, but for showing me my life in a new light. For showing me myself in a new light. Her patients with the girls, her technique, and her capabilities to handle whatever we threw at her (literally and figuratively) will forever be something we are greatful for. Even Stephen who hates (hates again) getting his pictures done teared up at the images and admitted that he was very happy we did this.   You can see her work at www.mirandastoddardphotography.blogspot.com and for the love of god contact her, book her now, you won't be dissapointed.






















No comments:

Post a Comment