Saturday, October 11, 2014

Just a little ladybug post

Parenting is hard. We all know that, but the rewards are priceless. Like when something you've been drilling in your kids head finally breaks through. Or when a stranger compliments you on their manners. The best ones are the compliments that come from your kiddos "mom you're the best mom ever" "I hope I'm just like you when I grow up" or the best statement ever "I love you mommy".

My girls are like glue, they stick together. I love their ages, I love the difference in them, and the bond they share. I hope and pray it stays this way. I can't even describe the pride I have when one is hurt or sad and the other consoles them. Or when one is at school and the other waits at the window for the bus to pull up. The love they have for each other is inspiring, they accept each other, and sure they fight but that's how you learn about each other.

I love when they play with each other, especially make believe. When they're playing with little people and pretend a little scenario. They are so dramatic, and shamefully they're usually acting me out in those scenes. But in those scenes the dad loves the mom, they kiss and hug and the kids always say "you do that too much" it's something they've said to is numerous times in real life. Or when they play hide and seek and the second they "know" where the other is but pretend not to just to see the other smile about their triumph in tricking them. When they jump out and yell "boo!" And act all scared it's so sweet.

These moments are precious, they are my favorite. Right now they're all sick, and the way they care for each other just melts my heart. I hope they always find solace in each other, even if that means one day I won't be included in it. I hope they reach out for each other in times of need, and that the other reciprocates in the same way they did when they were playing pretend. They are the true example of real love, and tho they don't know it, they teach me so much about life each day. Yes even the ones where I want to rip my head off.



No comments:

Post a Comment