Monday, September 15, 2014

Dreams

In the window of our world tiny fingers pull the blinds, and tiny hair pulls free in beautiful tendrils. Words are spoken in angelic voices, while the oldest reads winkin, blinkin, and nod. That wooden shoe and the moon are magic, eyes are alight with amazement. Sighs of satisfaction and sleep overcome, as their eyelashes gently kiss their cheeks. Their hair smells of flowers, the softest part of still baby hair. We kiss them away to their dreams, and finally can be free to do as we wish, this is our bedtime. A wonderful routine, and as we often try to make the transition as calmly and peacefully as possible, most nights are not so beautiful.

We savor these nights where our littles lay their sweetness down,  the nights where everything is perfect, because let's face it- life is not perfect. But today, tonight, is perfect. Sundays are by far my favorite day, as I've already stated, and the entire day yesterday was my magic. I'll keep it in my pocket, and pull it out when I forget these moments. I'll blanket myself in it's warmth and comfort, and relax peacefully into it. Because my life is so full of love, and one day when I don't get to witness the beauty and miracle of their dreams fluttering under their eyes because they're up at night watching their babies do the same, I'll treasure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment