Friday, September 26, 2014

And so it goes

And when the road gets long and cold,
Home is where I'll be
When I'm feeling tired and alone,
They are all I see
When I'm broken and used,
Lonely and abused
They lift me up and give me peace,
They shine my light when I can't see
Tired of the days when I try so hard,
Just to be another one to discard
I hope it feels nice to push me down
To laugh and point while I drown
This isn't about me it's in their heart,
To rip me up and tear apart
My love can not be taken away
They turn color from the grey
I'm stronger than anyone knows
Can survive these nasty blows
I wipe the dust and keep going
Won't let my broken heart keep showing
My tears will not fall for this anymore
Soon I will feel it in my core
I delight in my loves embrace
Seeing trueness in their face
I am blessed beyond belief
And right now, that's my relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment