Sunday, November 2, 2014

Writing challenge day 6- what band or musician is important to you?

I don't even know where to start with this. Music itself is important to me, it helps me when I'm feeling down, it picks me up and as long as there's a good beat gets me shakin'! I grew up around all kinds of music, and a lot of my memories are shaped around the songs in the background.

The Judd's, Cher, Michael Bolton (go on and laugh) patsy cline, and heart are my mother. I can still get her to sing her heart out when "never" comes on.

Phill Collins, bread, bobby vee, van Morrison Robert Palmer, the Rolling Stones, aerosmith and tom petty is my dad. He always used to say, "it's our song" when "won't bak down" came on. For the longest time I thought he was saying I walked bak down.

David grey, matchbox 20, nirvana, christina agulera, brad paisley, Tim McGraw, and billy idol are Stephen. In fact there's too many songs tied into our memories together. One of the best is when we slow danced in the middle of the laundromat while Sierra was a newborn happily sleeping in her cars seat. David grey's "babalyn" was playing, this song meant a lot because two years before it, as he drove me home from one of our first dates he was mouthing the words "let go of your heart, let go of your head, and feel it" to me coaxing me to let go of my fears and plunge in with him. Best decision of my life.

Etta James, the Beatles,buckcherry the temptations, basically anything you'd hear on a oldies station (which is hard to come by unless you have pandora) is my old babysitter Linda. She always had oldies 99 playing in the summer while we swam in her pool, I remember feeling so happy listening to those songs, she would always say I was born in the wrong decade because I always loved that music. I still do, and now my girls do too. In fact one of their songs from me is "my girl"

Elton John, Michael Jackson, rob Stewart, a And anything on adult contemporary is Karen. My other mother, she gave me a love for soft rock, and the gift of switching the radio the exact same way my mind works-fast and no repeats.

Lady Gaga, Taylor swift, arrianna (don't know her last name) one direction, Maroon 5, anything pop is my girls. Dance parties are always had, and not only do they love today's hits but they have a love for the good old music I once listened to as a kid. They've heard it all, just like I did. They feel the shifts and pulls of each era, the melancholy, or the happiness, the instruments, the singing, the feeling from it all.

I cherish music, it is the foundation of my inner soul, and has always been a guidance for me. This challenge had started my day off on the right foot, music always does that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment